After completing this lesson, you should be able to:
- Define the meaning of prosthodontics.
- State the meaning of the prosthodontic terms defined in the lesson.
- Identify the instruments and equipment used in prosthodontics.
- Identify the purposes of each of the five treatment visits by the patient related to complete dentures.
- Identify the types of materials used for impressions.
- Identify the duties of the dental specialist in regard to complete dentures.
- State the three types of jaw relationships.
- State the purpose of a complete denture try-in.
- Identify the sequence used in developing a removable partial denture.
- Identify the duties of the dental specialist in respect to removable partial dentures.