After completing this lesson, you should be able to:
- Define the meaning of periodontics.
- Identify the instruments used in periodontics procedures.
- Name the actions that the dental assistant should take to prepare the patient for periodontic procedures.
- Define the meaning of gingivectomy.
- State common periodontal duties.
- Define the meaning of endodontics.
- Identify the skills required by the dental assistant while assisting the dentist during an endodontics treatment.
- Name the three basic phases in endodontic treatment.
- Identify the instruments used in endodontic treatment.
- Identify the procedures used in preparing the patient for endodontic treatment.
- List the sequence of treatment for the single appointment method for a root canal.
- Identify the procedures for administering apicoectomy therapy.
- Identify the skills required for the care and cleaning of instruments.