The Basic Examination and Anesthetic Instruments
After completing this lesson, you should be able to:
- Name the four parts of a hand instrument and how each is identified.
- Identify the procedure for identifying dental instruments using Black's classifying method.
- State the three techniques used for sharpening dental instruments.
- Identify the skills required for sharpening dental instruments.
- Cite the purpose and function of each of the dental instruments.
- Name what is included in the basic dental examination setup.
- Name what is included in the sterile pack.
- Identify the three classifications used to describe the dental health for a patient.
- Identify the four functions of medical histories.
- Name the systemic conditions to consider during dental treatment.
- Identify the information revealed by radiography.
- Identify the five functions of study casts.
- Name the procedures for soldiers to use in requesting dental sick call.
- Name the various agents used as an anesthetic.
- Describe the anesthetic syringe.
- Cite the lengths of the disposable needles used with anesthetic syringe.
- List the items included in the anesthetic instrument setup.
- Describe the procedure for preparing the syringe to administer anesthetic.