1. A properly constructed hydraulic reservoir should be capable of dissipating heat from the fluid, separating air from the oil, and _____.
2. What component of a hydraulic system supplies a flow of fluid to the system?
3. What type of valve should never be used to regulate the flow of hydraulic fluid?
4. What is the most common metal seal used in Navy equipment?
5. What type of seal is ideally suited for both low-pressure and high-pressure applications?
6. The majority of the motors used in fluid power systems are what type?
7. The major types of accumulators are the pneumatic, weight-loaded, and _____.
8. The three types of lines used in fluid powered systems are the tubing, pipe, and _____.
9. Which type of tubing is NOT recommended for use in high temperatures?
10. Flexible hydraulic hose is composed of how many basic parts?
11. Flexible hose fittings are made of what material?
12. What determines the types of seals to be used in a particular piece of equipment?
13. What device is used on high-pressure hydraulic systems to dissipate extra heat?
14. What law states that when the temperature of a gas is constant, the volume of enclosed gas varies inversely with pressure?
15. What is the most undesirable quality of compressed air as a fluid medium for a pneumatic system?
16. What device in a rotary air compressor removes oil from the compressed air before the air leaves the service valves?
17. The receiver tank on air compressors is made of what material?
18. When cleaning the air filter on an air compressor, never let the pressure exceed how many psi?
19. The release of what compressed gas can cause asphyxia if you are in a confined space?
20. As a safety precaution, never subject compressed gas cylinders above what temperature?