1. What types of additives are used in gasoline to slow down ignition?
2. Which property is NOT a property of gasoline?
3. What term refers to the measurement of the ability of a fuel to resist knock or ping?
4. An air-fuel mixture that is too lean will cause which condition?
5. Which is NOT a condition of abnormal combustion?
6. Which factor can cause dieseling in a gasoline engine?
7. What device is used in the filler neck of a gasoline fuel tank to prevent the accidental use of leaded fuel?
8. What is the function of the baffles in a fuel tank?
9. Fuel filters are NOT made of which material?
10. What is the function of the fuel pump?
11. Fuel line tubing is normally made of what material?
12. Which attribute is NOT an advantage of a gasoline injection system over a carburetor type system?
13. In a gasoline indirect injection system, fuel is sprayed into what part?
14. Of the gasoline fuel injection systems, what system is the most precise and also the most complex?
15. In a mechanical-timed injection system, the throttle valve regulates engine speed and power output by regulating the _____.
16. Which is NOT a subsystem of an electronic-timed fuel injection system?
17. In an electronic fuel injection system, what sensor measures the amount of outside air entering the engine?
18. In an electronic fuel injection system, where does the fuel pressure regulator divert the excess fuel?
19. What component of a throttle body injection system contains the fuel pressure regulator?
20. In a multi port fuel injection system, what component supplies fuel to the injectors?
21. Of the following chemical compounds, which is the most dangerous emission?
22. Exhaust manifolds are made from what type of material?
23. What device is used to reduce the acoustic pressure of exhaust gases and discharge the gases into the atmosphere?
24. The catalytic converter changes carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons into carbon dioxide and _____.
25. What two materials that act as a catalyst can be found inside a catalytic converter?
26. In an air injection system, what device is used to prevent air from entering the exhaust system during deceleration?
27. What device keeps exhaust gases from entering the air injection system?
28. (True or False) The open type positive crankcase ventilation system has a sealed breather that is connected to the air filter by a hose.
29. To control the formation of oxides of nitrogen, the exhaust gas recirculation system recirculates a portion of the exhaust gases back through the _____.
30. At idle, engine vacuum is blocked off so it cannot act on the EGR valve. This is
accomplished by a closed _____.
31. What valve prevents fuel from entering the fuel tank vent line in the event of a accident in which the vehicle turns over?
32. (True or False) The charcoal canister does NOT store fuel vapors when the engine is running.
33. What component connects the charcoal canister to the engine intake manifold and is used to clean out stored fuel vapors from the charcoal canister?