1. An engine is a device that converts what type of energy into kinetic energy?
2. (True or False) In a four-stroke-cycle gasoline engine, a cycle occurs during four revolutions of the crankshaft.
3. A one-cylinder engine consists of how many basic parts?
4. For a vehicle to move, reciprocating motion must be changed to what type of motion?
5. The movement of a piston from top to bottom or from bottom to top is known as _____.
6. What is the definition of top dead center?
7. How many times will the crankshaft rotate on one complete cycle of a two-stroke engine?
8. What is the reaction that occurs when the fuel and air mixture is ignited in the engine cylinder?
9. The connecting rod transmits the reciprocating motion of the cylinder to the ______.
10. The Most common method to classify an engine is by the _____.
11. During the intake stroke in a four-stroke gasoline engine, what condition causes the fuel and air mixture to enter the combustion chamber?
12. In a horizontal-opposed engine, the cylinders are arranged at what number of degrees from each other?
13. In a four-stroke diesel engine, where do air and fuel mix?
14. A direct injection fuel system operates up to how many psi?
15. Which type of fuel injection is most common on diesel engines?
16. Which is the only fuel injection system that was designed to be electronically controlled?
17. A diesel engine has greater torque than a gasoline engine because of the power developed from the _____.
18. Gasoline uses what rating system to determine its combustion ability?
19. Diesel fuel uses what rating system to determine its combustion ability?
20. (True or False) A single gallon of Diesel fuel contains more heat than a single gallon of gasoline.
21. (True or False) Diesel fuel contains wax.
22. (True or False) The water pump draws coolant from the bottom of the radiator.
23. (True or False) The cooling system warms up the engine to its normal operating temperature.
24. On a cold engine, what restricts the circulation of coolant?
25. The _____ is mounted in series with the lower radiator hose and is used to supply extra room for coolant.
26. The cooling action on air-cooled engines is based on what principle?
27. When does the radiator vacuum valve open?
28. Which radiator system part provides more cooling area and aids in directing airflow when the vehicle is not moving?
29. How is piston displacement calculated?
30. Turbo-charged and supercharged engines need a lower _____.
31. What are the two possible locations of a camshaft in an engine?
32. As the engine speeds up, the timing needs to _____.