Cold water service for flushing a urinal is made with a flushometer. The flushometer is attached to a cold water supply line and then connected to the top of the urinal by assembling a group of plumbing parts.
Installing urinals water inlet connection. Use the following steps to install the urinal's water inlet connection (see Figure 41):
FIGURE 41. INSTALLING WATER INLET CONNECTION TO URINAL BOWL
- Slide spud housing with threads up into water inlet hole.
- Slide rubber gasket and metal washer onto spud housing, pushing the beveled end into the water inlet hole. S
- crew locknut onto spud housing, and tighten nut.
- Slide cover over threads of spud housing.
Installing the flushometer for water service. Use the following steps to install the flushometer for water service (see Figure 42):
FIGURE 42. INSTALLING WATER SERVICE
- Slide a rubber washer and then a slip nut with threaded end up to the top of the extension tube.
- Slide a slip nut with threaded end down and then a rubber washer onto the extension tube.
- Set bottom of extension tube onto spud, and fasten slip nut hand-tight to spud.
- Set lower end of flushometer on top of extension tube, and fasten slip nut hand-tight onto flushometer.
- Fasten flushometer's slip nut to rough-in water supply line connection at wall.
- Tighten all slip nuts with a wrench.
- Turn on water supply, and flush urinal several times to check for leaks and flushometer operation flow rate.
- If flushometer requires adjustment, follow manufacturer's instructions.