INSTALLING WATER SERVICE
A water closet tank requires cold water supply service for flushing. The water supply is connected from the rough-in plumbing to a shutoff valve and from the shutoff valve to the tank's inlet.
Installing water service to a water closet tank. Use the following steps to install water service to a water closet tank (see Figure 31):
FIGURE 31. INSTALLING WATER SERVICE TO WATER CLOSET TANK
- Slide escutcheon onto pipe, and push it against the wall.
- Attach shutoff angle valve, making the proper connection for the type of pipe used. Make sure connection is tight and valve's other opening points straight up to tank.
- With a spring bender, bend the flexible tube connector to a fitting position.
- Slide tank connection coupling nut, valve connection coupling nut, and compression ring, in that order, onto the flexible tube connector.
- Attach coupling nut to shutoff valve and tighten.
- Attach coupling nut to tank inlet and tighten.
- Set shutoff valve in closed position.
- Installing water service through floor. Use a straight shutoff valve when the water service pipe comes up through the floor.