Exam for Lesson 4
1. What is the primary consideration when erecting and using ladders and scaffolds?
2. A hoisting machine is used to raise swing-stage scaffolds. What action do you take before leaving the hoisting machine?
3. When a ladder is not in use, you hang it on brackets by its side rails to prevent ________.
4. When an erected swing-stage scaffold is not in use, it must be ________.
5. You are placing a 24-foot ladder against a wall that you will be painting. In feet, how far from the wall do you place the bottom of the ladder?
6. You want to form a loop that will not slip and is easily untied at the end of a rope. What hitch or knot do you use?
7. To lower yourself slowly, which hitch would you use with the boatswain's chair?
8. You are erecting a swing-stage scaffold on a building. How do you keep the scaffold from swinging outward after it has been hoisted?
9. You are on a 15-foot ladder and you need help to complete a paint job. You tell your helper to ___________.
10. You are erecting a rolling tower that will have a base dimension of 4 square feet. What is the maximum height, in feet, of the tower?