Quiz for Lesson 2
1. Which of the following coatings is not a serviceable exterior protective coating?
2. Why do you add driers to protective coatings?
3. You are making aluminum paint from aluminum powder. You mix the powder according to formula, with ___________.
4. Fluids that evaporate rapidly are __________.
5. You want to waterproof a concrete-block wall. For this purpose, the best base paint is ___________.
6. You have been assigned the job of painting a large, steel bridge. Which of the following do you apply?
7. Which of the following would you select to provide a smooth, even finish on open-grained wood?
8. The label on a paint can states the color and the type of paint and which of the following items?
9. Tints are lighter than _________.
10. You are painting a previously painted, wood surface that is in good condition. The primer is _________.
11. You are painting a wood wall that has an absorbent surface. Which of the following would you apply before starting to paint?
12. For best results, the temperature of paint materials should be between which of the following?
13. You want to mix 5 gallons of paint that contains a highly volatile thinner. What mixing method do you use?
14. You must paint walk stripes in a building. These stripes must glow in the dark. Which of the following do you use?
15. Zinc-oxide oil is a desirable primer for the inside of a water tank because it _________.
16. Which of the following tools would you use to apply joint cement to a sheetrock joint?
17. When selecting a can of paint from the storeroom, you pick the can that ____________.
18. What do you use as a primer on a steel bridge?