About this Course
This course is intended beginning computer hobbyists and
first-year IT students.
The free online textbook for this course is Sams Teach
Yourself Java 2 in 24 Hours. Read the Introduction
to the book.
Indicates links that take you away from the Free-Ed.Net site. Use the links on these
offsite pages carefully, and use the Back function on your browser to return to the
the Java 2 Software Development Kit
with the Java 2 Software Development Kit
Lesson 7. Using Conditional Tests to
In this lesson you will learn about:
- Testing to see whether conditions are met
- Using the if statement for basic conditional tests
- Using other statements in conjunction with if
- Testing whether one value is greater than or less than
- Testing whether two values are equal or unequal
- Using else statements as the opposite of if statements
- Chaining several conditional tests together
- Using the switch statement for complicated conditional tests
- Creating complicated tests with the ternary operator
to the lesson
Read the following sections from your free online textbook:
- Use this search box to refine and expand your understanding
of new terms and concepts in the reading assignments.
Visit the Workshop:
Watching the Clock.
Read the Summary
of the lesson.
Test your understanding with the Q&A.
Try the Quiz.
Test your skills with the hands-on Activities.
- Return here after completing your hands-on session.