About this Course
This course is intended for serious computer hobbyists, IT
students, and IT professionals.
The free online textbook for this course is Visual C++
6 Unleashed. Read the Introduction
to the book.
Indicates links that take you away from the Free-Ed.Net site. Use the links on these
offsite pages carefully, and use the Back function on your browser to return to the
Lesson 2. Navigating C#
In this lesson you will learn about:
- Navigating C#
- Using the Visual Studio .NET Start Page to open and create
- Showing, hiding, docking, and floating design windows
- Customizing menus and toolbars
- Adding controls to a form using the toolbox
- Viewing and changing object attributes using the Properties
- Working with the files that make up a project
- How to get help
Read the following sections from your free online textbook:
the Visual Studio .NET Start Page
and Customizing the C# Environment
Controls to a Form Using the Toolbox
Object Properties Using the Properties Window
Project Files with the Solution Explorer
- Use this search box to refine and expand your understanding
of new terms and concepts in the reading assignments.
Read the Summary
of the lesson.
Test your understanding with the Q&A.
Visit the online Workshop.
- Return here after completing your Workshop session.