About this Course
This course is intended for both beginning and
advanced Microsoft Office users. The free online textbook for this course is Sams
Teach Yourself Microsoft® Office 2003 in 24 Hours. Read the Introduction.
Indicates links that take you away from the Free-Ed.Net site. Use the links on these
offsite pages carefully, and use the Back function on your browser to return to the
Advanced Word 2003
In this lesson you will learn:
- How to type special characters that don't appear on your
- How to insert the date, time, and page numbers in your
- When to add AutoText entries and when to add AutoCorrect
- How to prepare tables in your documents
- How to convert a single-column document into multiple
- What headers, footers, footnotes, and endnotes are all about
- What mail merge is all about
to the lesson
Read the following sections from your free online textbook:
Dates and Page Numbers
Pictures, Video Clips, and Sounds
Scanned and Digital Camera Images
Tables to Your Documents
Headers and Footers
Footnotes and Endnotes
- Use this search box to refine and expand your understanding
of new terms and concepts in the reading assignments.
Read the Summary
of the lesson.
Test your understanding with the Q&A.
Visit the hands-on workshop, Create
and Use AutoText Entries.