Lesson 19. Magnetic Forces and Fields
These are the terms and concepts you should master to the level you have set for yourself:
- Magnetic Fields
- Magnetic Force on a Point Charge
- Charged Particle Moving Perpendicularly to a Uniform Magnetic Field
- Motion of a Charged Particle in a Uniform Magnetic Field: General
- A Charged Particle in Crossed E⃗ and B⃗ Fields
- Magnetic Force on a Current-Carrying Wire
- Torque on a Current Loop
- Magnetic Field due to an Electric Current
- Ampère's Law
- Magnetic Materials
Take a close look at the terms and concepts listed above. Use the search
box to find definitions and brief explanations. For the first part of this
lesson, a descriptive understanding is more important than a mathematical
one. Think about how you would explain the concept to someone else, and make
sketches and notes in your Learning Journal.
Master the Concepts from the publisher's companion website.
Check your skills with the Multiple-Choice Quiz.
Finally, browse these two resources for material relevant to this lesson: