completing this lesson, you should be able to:
- Identify the
function of breathing.
- Identify the two muscle systems that are primarily
responsible for breathing and how they work.
- Identify factors that are noted while taking a
patient's breathing rate.
- Identify the procedures for determining a patient's
- Take a person's breathing rate.
- Identify terms associated with normal and abnormal
breathing (such as rapid, shallow, irregular rhythm, and productive cough) and the
meanings of the terms.
- Identify why a patient should be unaware that you are
counting his breathing.