List of Lessons
2-16. Resuscitation of a Newborn
Follow these procedures:
- Suction the baby's airway.
- Lay the baby on its side with its head lower than the body.
- Snap your index finger against the bottom of its feet. If there is no response, continue as follows:
- Apply gentle mouth-to-mouth or mouth-to-nose resuscitation.
- Continue resuscitation until the baby's breathing starts, then administer oxygen to the infant.
- Apply cardiopulmonary resuscitation if there is no pulse.
- Continue cardiopulmonary resuscitation until the baby breathes or is pronounced dead.
Section IV. ABNORMAL DELIVERIES 2-