Lesson 2, Heart Attack and CPR
- Define clinical death, biological death, heart attack, cardiac arrest,
and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Identify factors that increase a person's risk of having a heart attack.
- Identify signs and symptoms of a heart attack.
- Identify how
cardiopulmonary resuscitation simulates normal breathing and heartbeat.
- Identify the recovery rates for cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- 2-1 Definitions
- 2-2 Causes of Cardiac Arrest
- 2-3 Risk Factors for Heart Attack
- 2-4 Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- 2-5 Need for CPR
- 2-6 Effects of Rescue Breathing
- 2-7 Effects of Chest Compression
- 2-8 Role of the Rescuer
- 2-9 Recovery Rates
Exercises for Lesson 2